Sunday, January 27, 2013

Malabrigo A-Go-Go

Who doesn't love a nice, soft skein of Malabrigo Merino Worsted? A few years ago I bought 13 skeins in Emerald, which was being discontinued, so it was marked down (score!). And with 216 yards per skein, I squeezed a lot of projects out of that haul: a hat and scarf for my fashionista sister-in-law, a wedding present blanket for a friend, and another hat and scarf set for another friend. But I still had one and a half skeins left...what to do, what to do? How about the Amanda hat from Ravelry and the Scrunchable Cowl, also on Ravelry. 



I also found some bits and pieces of two other colors--I've had them for a few years and I don't have any labels, so I don't know exactly what colors they are. I cobbled these together: the 75 yard Malabrigo gloves and a hat I found on Rav, but I can't remember the name...oops. 


I used nearly every single yard of the Merino Worsted I had in my stash. I'm pretty pleased with the results! Both of them have been worn on walks or hikes, and they keep my ears warm and they're pretty, to boot. I'll miss you, Merino Worsted, but you live in on in some pretty kick-ass projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment