Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chunky Monkey

I have some Lion Brand Thick and Quick in my stash, and for the life of me I can't remember why or when I bought it! Must have been for some craft project or stuffed animal I was attempting. I had almost a full skein of black, a full skein of a hideous yellow color, and scraps of off-white and a sort of moss green. I tried to make something useful from the yellow, green, and white, but failed. I may just toss it (and subtract it from my yarn weight!).

The black was ok, though, so I got on Ravelry and looked up some patterns using the weight, amount, etc., and found the perfect instant gratification project: A bulky moebius cowl. Now, I've been doing this knitting thing for a long time--more than 3/4 of my life. I thought I had seen it all. But this pattern uses a really cool technique for moebius knitting (for those of you that don't know, that's an infinity scarf that's twisted into a loop) that I had never, ever seen, but I'm totally entranced now! I watched the YouTube video over and over again and then came up with this:


And in case you're wondering, that's the Chloe Cardigan from Interweave Crochet that I made a few years ago.

I've been desperately fighting Second Sock Syndrome on the pair of Stitch Surfer socks I started, so I'm vowing here and now to get started on that second sock now. Onward!

Bulky Moebius Cowl: The Stats

Item Weight: 129 grams
Old Stash Weight: 12,627g
New Stash Weight: 12,498g

2 comments:

  1. fabulous. infinity scarves=insta-chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful, L, or you'll end up with one (or two or three) in your wardrobe!!

      Delete