Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fun with Java

I have a couple of big projects in my WIP basket, but I needed to take a break from them to work on something with instant gratification. My husband is a bit of a coffee fiend lately, and he takes his re-usable cup to Starbucks just about every afternoon for a pick-me-up. Sometimes I get one too, and when I do, I pull out the coffee sleeve I made a few years ago. He asked me for one, but he wanted it with some added coolness. "Can you make me one with a skull?" Sure, why not? I tried a couple of things but failed--either they were fair isle, and thus not stretchy enough, or the skull just looked amateurish and wonky. But I persevered, and found a very cute skull pattern to embroider onto the finished piece.

But I also saw this, and being big Gru fans in this house, I gave that a shot, too. Unfortunately, the author of the pattern has taken it down temporarily, so I just used the picture and improvised as best I could. I'm pretty happy with the results. My daughter has claimed the Minion for herself!



Project Weight: 40 grams
New Stash Weight: 12,193 grams

Now I'm going to enjoy a cup of tea while the rain falls softly on this chilly Arizona day. I'll leave you with this highly unusual image: the Superstition Mountains to the east of our house, covered in snow! Breathtaking sight!


4 comments:

  1. Love these sleeves! So cool! You are a talented artist, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these! the skull is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your coffee sleeves - very fun! Lovely to meet one of Andi's friends too!! :)

    ReplyDelete