Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Love is in the air!

I haven't blogged at all because, well, I haven't had anything to document! I've been really focusing on sewing lately (also from my stash...maybe I should change the name of this blog to include my fabric obsession, too!). I'm really into making baby stuff--high chair covers, shopping cart covers, burp cloths, quilts, etc. But I digress...

We know several couples getting married this year, and I'm working on gifts for them all. I can't name them here, on the off-chance they read my blog--I don't want to ruin the surprise! I just finished one of the gifts, using the Hemlock Ring pattern by Jared Flood. I love this pattern--it has enough interest to keep me focused, but is easy enough to do while I'm watching TV. I used yarn I bought while we were visiting family in Massachusetts. At the time, my wonderful mother-in-law was battling cancer (a fight she lost shortly after this trip), and I made a trek to The Sheep Shack in Holden with my dear friend Andee. It was so nice to forget the stress for a while and browse the yarn with a good friend. I found this luscious grey Tahki Truffles and knew I could make something fun.


It's an easy, breezy cotton and angora throw, perfect for cool evenings on the porch or when there's a slight chill in the air. It can be used as a lap throw or a table covering, and would look really pretty draped over a couch.

More wedding presents to come, but for now, consider my stash 920 grams lighter!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I have been waiting to see the gray beauty. Excellent blanket.

    ReplyDelete